BE THERE AT THE START AND HELP US MAKE THE VIRTUAL REAL
I’m thrilled to announce that ArtiPeeps’ Kickstarter Campaign to fund our first large-scale poetry art exhibition ‘Transformations’ has been launched!
Here’s the project shortcode: http://kck.st/1i2e721 Do take a look!
- It features 29 Twitter poets and artists from all over the world and of all ages who have worked together for 15 months virtually on a Contemporary re-working of Ovid’s Metamorphoses.
- It features 60 plus new poems created by 14 emerging Twitter poets
Click here to see some of the poems:
- It exhibits 15 new multi-medium artworks from 15 emerging and established Twitter artists.
- The creatives have worked together entirely virtually via ArtiPeeps for the last 15 months and the exhibition will bring us together physically for the first time.
We have also commissioned The Code Crimson (an artist-duo in Florida, USA) to create a large comic strip of some of the stories as an entry point to the material for schools, children and adults. This piece will be exhibited alongside the main exhibition.. Through this exhibition we hope to launch our large-scale exhibition initiative that can be repeated year on year and also our new membership scheme.
Here are some work-in-development images inspired by book 1 of Metamorphoses:
Venue: The Blue Drawing Room, Hanse House, South Quay, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, UK.
Date: Friday 12th – Sunday 14th September 2014 (part of the National Heritage Open Day on Sunday)
Anticipated Footfall: 700 + people
SOME TRANSFORMATIONS ARTWORK
Click on the thumbnails to enlarge
SOME OF OUR BACKER REWARDS:
- CREATION: Become a Friend of ArtiPeeps and be thanked on Twitter
- WORLDS FORM and HERCULES: poetry-art greetings card featuring poetry and art from our exhibition, and have your name on a large Wordle in the foyer of the exhibition.
- TRANSFORM: Be transformed into a God or Goddess via a caricature by Ryan Atkins
- MINERVA: Have a poem written for you, using 3 words of your own choice by our Transformations poets: Kate Garrett, Rebecca Audra Smith, Richard Biddle and Greg Mackie
- ATLAS: Have a self-portrait painted by one of our Transformations artists: Sara Mena, Raymond Bentley, Ray Atkins and Diana Probst
- MEDEA: Choose from three Giclee Prints from the exhibition artwork
- DADEALUS Become an Exhibition Stand Sponsor of a Book from Metamorphoses
WHAT MAKES TRANSFORMATIONS SPECIAL?
IT SHOWCASES a mix of emerging and established social media poets and artists from around the UK and the globe
IT LAUNCHES into the real world our large-scale collaborative exhibition initiative, which we hope to run on a yearly basis, transforming unusual literary pieces and themes year on year
IT FORGES a new ongoing relationship with HANSE HOUSE, a unique exhibition space and development
IT PROJECTS ArtiPeeps and its new, open access membership scheme into the real world
IT INNOVATES using comic strip as an entry point for children and adults to access literature more easily
IT PUTS A CONTEMPORARY TWIST on a remarkable, influential continuous poem and piece of literature
IT CELEBRATES relationships, connection and creativity as we all come together .
Excitingly we have just been offered a provisional grant for £200 from Norfolk County Council. This is towards the £375 it costs to hire Hanse House BUT we still need to raise £4413 to pay for:
- the marketing of the exhibition
- the mounting of the poems and pictures
- the hiring of the exhibition stands
- the creation of the cartoon.
We need to get Transformations funded so we can make this all real for not only the great, talented 29 creatives involved in this project, but for another 29 and another who will take part in our future projects.
Thank you, as ever, for your interest. All good wishes, Nicky and the Transformers.