Welcome to ArtiPeeps !
Nurturing Creativity and Well-being Through Collaboration
To become the best, most supportive role-model, global organisation providing challenging creative and collaborative opportunities for emerging creatives from all disciplines. Specialising in multi-form and form-specific collaborations through which we develop creative potential and well-being. Known to be THE artistic community where ‘Creatives Make A Difference’ whilst create new and innovative art and literary works.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Honest, wholehearted communication
Nurturing Creativity and Well-being through collaboration.
WHAT IS ARTIPEEPS?
We are a warm-hearted online collaborative creativity and well-being site, and now constituted voluntary organisation, which has been up-and running since 2012. We offer a range of online individual and group opportunities with concrete outlets for emerging creatives driven primarily through multi-form collaborations. Our aim is to also provide unique opportunities for creatives from any discipline to create large-scale multi-form artworks.
We also believe in the creative potential which is in us all in its various guises, and in the benefits of individual creatives connecting locally and globally. We like to think that ArtiPeeps contributes to nurturing potential, collaboration and interaction via our services. It’s what we’re about, and we’re continually evolving and developing our services to meet the needs and talents of our users.
We also recognise that there has always been a close link between creatvity and well-being/mental health issues, and this is reflected in our ‘Supporting Mental Health’ collaborations where we endeavour to address this dynamic subtly through an engagement with the issues and emotions around this area to facilitate public engagement and awareness of these issues. We are intending to create touring initiatives focused around these collaborations.
HOW WE DO IT
By providing showcasing opportunities for individual creatives (via Weekend Showcase and FreeSpace) which feed into small, mid-sized and large-scale multiform online collaborations. All showcased creatives are free to take part in our collaborative opportunities; indeed. we encourage this. You can see our Weekend Showcases here, and our FreeSpaces here.
Our large-scale collaborations fall in to two initiatives EPICS! (educational, reinventions of literature and the like) and ‘Creatives Making A Difference’, ‘Supporting Mental Health’ which focus on emotions and states of being. . Both threads serve to be innovative, challenging, make a difference and create new, multi-form artworks.
We also turn these virtual opportunities into concrete ones via exhibitions, publications and installations. For instance, our large-scale poetry and art collaboration ‘Transformations’ (17 poets, 15 artists, 1 contemporary reworking of Ovid’s Metamorphoses) will be exhibited in September 2014 in Hanse House , King’s Lynn as part of the national heritage day. An exhibition book and ebook is also being published alongside this. Over the next five years we also hope to develop a promotional and support service for emerging creatives which can operate in unison with ArtiPeeps.
HOW WE STARTED:
ArtiPeeps started off as a Women’s Creativity Group started by Nicky Mortlock aka ArtiPeep in 2011. A private website was created for that group and unbeknown to us the website wasn’t in fact private at all (!) and was getting lots of views; and from that small premise ArtiPeeps, as you see it now, has grown. Nicky still facilitates the monthly creativity group. ArtiPeeps, the group is equally fuelled by collaboration, creativity and laughter. And 3 of the members are now participating in our ‘Transformations’ project.
AN OVERVIEW OF OUR OPPORTUNITIES:
- Individual Showcasing through Single Form Collaborations
- ‘Weekend Showcase’ Regular Individual Showcasing: 1 new creative, 1 piece Click here for an e.g.
- ‘FreeSpace’ (3 free-form slots for any individual offered a showcase) Click here for an e.g.
- Multiform Collaborations See: ‘Transformations ‘ 17 poets, 15 months, 1 contemporary interpretation of Ovid’s Metamorphoses; ‘The Recovery Project’: 3 artist/3 poets., 1 audio visual artist collaborating in the creation of one piece on the mental health theme of ‘recovery’.
- Creative Residencies- For creatives who might not have a website or have a particular project in mind- Borrow a page of our site for a month or take part in a uniquely tailored multi-form collaboration. See poet Lydia Allison’s month with us here.
- Gallery-Links & Spaces At the end of next year ArtiPeeps will be holding our first exhibition in Kings Lynn (UK), the culmination of our ‘Transformations Project’ thanks to Hanse House.
WORK-IN-PROGRESS MID-TERM SERVICES:
- ‘ArtiPeeps Pressed’- a publishing, promotions and resource site for creatives
- 8 Week Online Creativity Course-Designed to spark and re-kindle creativity
- Virtual Online Gallery for artists involved with ArtiPeeps
FUTURE PLANS & SERVICES
It’s my intention to secure long term funding for ArtiPeeps so it can can grow as an online presence for emerging creatives and to feed all the initiatives and plans we have on the boil and in the future. Through funding we can secure the continuation of our role as a place for creativity, collaboration and well-being which helps support the breadth of talent that proliferates across the world.
- More great collaborations and a brand new website
- A membership scheme
- A Subscription based Personalised Promotion Service for Emerging Writers
- The development of Wellbeing and CBT apps using mobile application technolgy
- Regular Multi-form Exhibition Facilitation both static and touring – virtual and real for individuals and groups
- The provision of a breadth of Online Creativity Courses
- More connections with like-minded organisations
If you would like to get involved with ArtiPeeps we’d love to have you. You can follow us by clicking on the Follow Us Button at the top of the sidebar. Then you won’t miss a single drop of creativity! Equally, if you’ve got any ideas for projects do get in touch. We always look forward to feedback and to ideas!
Thanks for your interest!
Director: Nicky Mortlock
Chair: Elaine Offley
Treasurer: Karin Heyer
Secretary: Tracey Black